Redoing your kitchen can be a very exciting project. You can add, delete or do a complete overhaul of your kitchen in the process. Nevertheless, there are innumerable ways to do it and certainly essential things to keep in mind before you plunge into the project. Here is the guide you can fall back on for all your kitchen remodeling needs. If you are going for a complete overhaul, all the tips provided below will surely make your ordeal much easier.
1. Appliances- if you are planning on remodeling your kitchen after a very long time you can surely start with your tools. Pump up your microwave, refrigerator, mixer, juicer, and grinder with the latest models and technology. You can also make a personal space for your appliances in the corner of the kitchen with all the accessories stacked up right where you need them.
2. Island- if space allows you then you can add or renovate your older kitchen island. The island doesn’t just have to be for chopping of placing utensils on; you can make it a multipurpose one too. Add cabinets at the bottom of the surface, and you can use them for keeping your utensils too. In case you want to be more creative with your new found space you can also keep your beloved recipe books. More elaborately, you can also use the other side of the table to convert it into a partial dining area too.
3. Backsplash- backsplash is one area of the kitchen which tends to get dirty easily. Try subway tiles as they are easy to clean and makes the entire place look more spacious. You can also opt for a metal or mirror finish backsplash. But these finishes are a little difficult to renovate at a later stage. In that case, you can always go for the waterproof variants of wallpapers.
4. Paint- this is where you can experiment a lot during your renovation stint. Best combinations are done when you work in contrast on the walls as compared to your cupboards. White walls go very well with blue or green cupboards. You can also paint the entire area white if going for a minimalist look. Monochrome is also a great option to experiment with. You can use different shades of the same color and incorporate designer patterns in self-prints. If you do not want to go through the hassle of making patterns, then the easiest option available is wallpapers. You can pair brightly colored wallpapers with white cupboards or vice versa.
5. Woodwork- you can also just work on your shelves and cabinets for altogether a new look for your kitchen. Try making open shelves instead of closed cupboards unless otherwise necessary. Open shelves give a more spacious look and help you locate your stuff more easily. For a more judicious use of your storage space put hooks along with your shelves. For your cupboards, the panels can be easily redone. Either just change the color of them or attach entirely new panels with designer woodwork. There are many readily available plywood panels too which you can attach very conveniently. These come in many shapes and sizes with great graphic designs. You can also eliminate wood from your kitchen and make metal panels and countertops for a metallic finish. Metal is easier to clean and has a longer life as compared to wood.
6. Countertop- granite countertops come in very stylish designs. You can choose from a wide variety of granite slabs and install a new countertop, and then you can be done with most of your remodeling work. If you are going for monochrome or a minimalist look, then marble slabs are a big hit. Metal slabs are also suitable for a modern kitchen look and pair up well with the appliances space.
7. Kitchen Garden- kitchen garden has a cult following these days. As pollution is at an all-time rise, food adulteration is becoming a serious matter, and organic food supplies are in high demand in the market. The only problem with organic supplies is that they are scarce, expensive and not easy to trust because of many counterfeit products too. In order to avoid so much confusion, many people are growing their veggies and herbs for consumption. Depending on the space allowed in your kitchen, you can easily maintain a healthy kitchen garden near a window. Easiest of the herbs to grow are bok choi, lettuce, coriander, and tomatoes; and you can grow your garden as well as skills with time.
8. Lighting- never install a single lighting source in the kitchen. If you had just that earlier, replace it with layered lighting. You can use panel lighting for the shelves and task lighting for the sink and the cooking area. What type of lamp shades you also use matters. Brass finish shades are brilliant with green blue and white. For the island, you can use suspended lighting with the help of pulleys.
9. Décor- kitchen décor is predominantly taken over by artificial decorative indoor trees and plants. Artificial plants are a great décor hack. They come with various advantages of which is the low maintenance part. You don’t need to water them or add manure or even trim, just use a wet cloth to wipe them clean. Besides the low maintenance factor, the wide range of plants and trees that are available is also astonishing. You can have all exotic and seasonal plants under one roof at any given point in time disregarding the climatic conditions. Plus the artificial plants and trees industry has grown to such an expert level that it is very difficult to distinguish between the real and the fake one. Therefore, you are also not compromising on the look of your decorative pot of favorite plant. Some famous ones are artificial bamboo, artificial interior trees, artificial palm branches, and fake tropical plants and trees.